Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whole lotta new

I just read my last blog. It feels like a lifetime ago.

I stuck with the break-up with Larry. I have a new boyfriend, whom I completely adore. He's a mixture of the 3 men that I have loved in my life with the bonus of trustworthiness and sacrifice. It's been over 6 months but of course we've had our issues. I don't even know where to start.
After I broke up with L. I lost my house. I moved in with the new boyfriend, kids and all. It's a 1 bedroom house, not a lot of room for 4, but we make it work. He's great with the kids and I completely trust him. They, in turn, trust and RESPECT him. Everything else except for my health has been wonderful.

I ended up in the hospital at the beginning of Dec. I had a blood clot in each lung, which easily could have been fatal had I not gone in when I did. I was in so much pain and couldn't breathe so I don't know how I could have waited any longer. I stayed there for a almost a week and was out of work for two weeks, which in hindsight was the best thing for me. There were many reasons I had the clots. First and foremost, I smoke. You know they blame everything on smoking, so it came as no surprise. I know it had at least a little to do with it, however, I'm pretty sure the pregnancy is what caused it. YES, you are reading this correctly. I found out about 2-3 weeks prior that I was pregnant. Terry and I were trying to figure everything out when the health problem arose but of course I was a little excited at the thought of having another child, especially with Terry. Unfortunately, the health issues created a problem for me. Either way, having or not having the baby there were risks. Long story long enough, we chose to abort due to this issue. It was a tough decision. We decided, with much support, that my health was first. The abortion is over. There is no going back. I have some regret but I refuse to beat myself up about it. It is a touchy subject, but I am comfortable with our decision, as it was truly ours. To be honest, I really don't care who knows about it. I believe and have always believed in Pro-Choice and being faced with the decision, I now realize that at a young age I realized my values and I still believe in them. I'm still me.
Anyway, besides all this, L. has adjusted and has been decent. He really is a good person. I know everything happens for a reason. I hope that in the end, in whatever afterlife there is, I will know what those reasons are. We can only guess at these things. Imagine how boring life would be if we knew everything though?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a wonderful evening. Wishing whoever reads this a healthy and happy 2009.

1 comment:

Something dirty said...

OK, OMFG! You are so strong. Let's hang out soon, ok?