Monday, May 18, 2009

Is it nagging...really?

5 baskets of laundry for $23.00 at the laundrymat.
By myself, after gathering and sorting, I haul all baskets to car, out of car into laundrymat, wash/dry/fold, haul from laundrymat to car and from car back into house, and then put away. Perhaps it annoys me a little that most of the laundry belongs to children and boyfriend. It's not the part that bothers me the most, however.

I set up a pile/basket of whites and colors in our dirty laundry area. As I'm arranging I am thinking it's going to save me time and it's obvious. To my disappointment, it wasn't either. Within the first hour of putting in the work of doing laundry I find colors in the whites and whites in the colors...not to mention the clothes that are just thrown on the floor in any given room.

I believe that everyone has a certain amount of patience stored in their reservoir of character. I'm running a little low right now. If I see one more white sock or t-shirt in the colors pile or one more pair of jeans in the whites pile I might just snap. I have explained with frustration to everyone in the household that there are 2 piles, sorted by color. I tell each and everyone of them, "It's not rocket science. Your dirty whites go in the dirty whites pile and your dirty colors go in the dirty colors pile."

I know for a fact that no one in this household is that stupid. I'm ignored until they need clean clothes. I'm the nagger, the bad guy, a spaz as my son puts it.

My problem here: The piles are right next to each other, it's really not difficult to position your throwing arm 25 degrees left or right to get it in the right pile. No one in the household is color blind.

It doesn't stop at laundry either. Putting garbage IN the garbage can and RINSING dishes after use or two other pains in my ass that I just can't ask nicely about anymore. I even call my children to view the garbage on the floor inches away from the garbage or the un-rinsed dishes in the sink/on the counter. They look at me like I'M crazy.

I am actually surprised by the whole thing. Really??? Wow, it just sucks for everyone involved.

No comments: